I am based in Totnes, Devon where I live and love as a mama, facilitator and an ever emerging soul.
My work, ‘Integrative Embodiment’ is a fusion of embodied yoga with the somatic arts. It integrates soulful somatic enquiries with embodied resourcing tools through Emergent Movement, Embodied Relaxation, Voice and Relational Field Work.
Body as Resource: In response to our current culture that can tend towards disconnection and speed, I am motivated to share simple and effective tools that allow you to return to and inhabit your body with a greater sense of presence, resource and self agency. Resourcing is the groundwork that can allow other processes to unfold safely. It includes developing a healthy relationship with yourself and feeling a sense of connection with your body and life.
Body as Guide: I am also curious about the process of emergence that occurs through the body, that can inform and guide you as you navigate your unique path. Contacting this innate part of yourself is allowing the wisdom of the soul to speak through your body. I continue to develop enquiry processes through which this emergence can safely unfold.
Body as Consciousness: “I feel, therefore I am.” (Damasio). We work to validate the living wisdom of our bodies. Remembering our relational interconnection with others, the space we inhabit and the world is an important part of this work.
I have been facilitating movement and co-creative enquiries within the community for 15 years. This has taken the form of yoga & movement based support groups for the general community, as well as specific groups for women with postnatal depression and other themed women’s groups.
In my one-to-one practice, I have worked with young adults in the Royal Edinburgh Hospital and those in the community dealing with anxiety, depression, eating disorders, chronic fatigue, bi-polar disorder, pelvic floor health and other structural and functional issues. I continue to do this through Yoga & Movement Therapy.
I developed a programme to support teachers in schools which focuses on nourishment through embodied relaxation, gentle movement and a safe space to share. More on this kind of work through my sister site: Circles of Support.
I have spent over a decade working with children of all ages in schools and developed a movement mentorship programme called ‘Girls Allowed’ for pre-teen girls to support them in transitioning times.
My work is creative and enquiry based, tailored to the needs of each group or individual. I draw heavily upon the principles of Authentic Movement, the work of Miranda Tufnell as well as somatic movement, gentle yoga, voice work and relaxation.
I began exploring yoga and meditation as a child, which led me to spend 5 years living in India and Thailand studying within yogic and mindfulness traditions. I am a qualified Yoga Therapist, specialising in yoga therapeutics for women as well as for mental health and wellbeing. I continue to utilise these tools in my one-to-one work through Yoga & Movement Therapy.
Alongside yoga practice flourished the intuitive world of my expressive body through dance and movement. I have been traversing the world of conscious dance and somatics for 18 years.
The inner impulses of my body are deeply nourished by somatic practice, which continues to be a wonderful resource in my life and forms the main body of my current offerings. I have completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Dance and Somatic Wellbeing through UCLAN and continue to receive mentoring in somatic practice.
I love to move in nature, as nature, and am deeply influenced by the natural world in how I approach movement as well as how embodiment can offer a resource for deepening our connection with and responsibility for our natural world. We are made of earth…and rain… and stardust.
Trainings and CPD’s:
- Authentic Movement & Therapeutic Presence Pt. 2 with Linda Hartley 2019 – Present.
- Authentic Movement: One to One and small group study with Fran Lavendel – 2015 – present
- PG. Diploma ( with Distinction ) in Dance and Somatic Wellbeing through UCLAN. – 2016
- Ongoing Authentic Movement Peer Group – 2018 – present
- One-to-One Authentic Movement Mentoring with Eila Goldhahn – 2017-18
- Fluid Development Series: Continuum Movement and BMC with Cherionna Menzam Sills. – 2015
- Continuum Study with Cherionna Menzam Sills – 2014 – present.
- Woman, Body, Earth & Spirit workshop: Inanna-Ereshkigal: Authentic Movement Retreat with Linda Hartley – 2015
- The Four Daughters of Beauty: Earth & Water with Audica Lynne Morley – 2016
- Body Centred Awareness with Patrice Hamilton: An exploration of Hakomi, Cortical Field Reeducation (a somatic movement based body work) and Gestalt. (month long intensive at Esalen Institute) – 2014
- Hanna Somatics CPD with Eleanor Criswell Hanna – 2014
- The Embodied Spirit: Dance Movement with Ellen Watson (month long intensive at Esalen Institute) – 2013
- 18 years of dabbling in Feldenkrais
Yoga / Yoga Therapy:
- The Pelvic Floor: Keys to lifelong health with Leslie Howard – 2018
- Yoga and Psyche with Mariana Caplan (a fusion of Yoga Therapy & Somatic Experiencing) – 2013
- Diploma in Yoga Therapy: Yogacampus – 2012
- Well Women Yoga Therapy with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli – 2011
- Yoga Therapy with Aadil Palkhivala – 2011
- Yoga Therapy trainings with Bo Forbes: Gateway to prana; Yoga – meditation in motion and stillness; Yoga for insomnia; Softening our armour; Neurobiology of the spine; Yoga for emotional Balance; Integrative Yoga Therapeutics. – 2011-2013
- Yoga for Children (Yoga Bees) – 2009
- Diploma of Yoga Teaching & Yoga Nidra (1700 hour training) – 2007-2009
- Certificate in Yogic Studies and Gurukal Lifestyle (Bihar Yoga Bharati) – 2006-7
- Over 700 hours of personal study with Bhooma Chaitanya, teacher of the Hatha & Advaita traditions. – 2005-7
CPD Psychotherapeutic Explorations:
- “Tables, Fairies and Hyperspaces,” a movement and process work seminar with Kate Jobe – 2019
- In the world of the body: Working with Symptoms and Illness, A Process Work Seminar – 2019
- Hakomi Multi-level training (2 days) with Caroline Braham – 2019
- Foundations of becoming safely embodied with Deirdre Fay – 2018-19
- The Transformative Power of Emotion with Dorothy Charles: Gestalt Relational Psychotherapy, Group Process and Individual Work – 2014
- Body Centred Awareness with Patrice Hamilton: An exploration of Hakomi, Cortical Field Reeducation (a somatic movement based body work) and Gestalt. – 2014
- Introduction to Drama Therapy: The Sesame Institute – 2015
- Hormone Harmony: Red School
- Workshop with Chloe Goodchild – 2012
- The Max with Paula Shaw at Esalen – 2015
- NC Performing Arts: Edinburgh College – 2001-2
- Certificates in Thai, Tibetan and Ayurvedic Massage. – 2004-7
- Classical Western & Classical Indian Vocal Training
- Many retreats in insight meditation and Advaita Vedanta with teachers such as Adyashanti, Marlies Cocheret, Jack Kornfield, S.N Goenka, Prajnaparamita and many years of mindfulness practice & retreats. 2000 – present
- I began dancing 5 rhythms at the age of 19 and have explored many conscious dance forms since then.
Poem by Hayley Price (C)