Movement Therapy integrates the principles of somatic movement, gentle yoga and embodied relaxation to meet you where you are on your embodiment journey.
Sessions offer a space for rest, rejuvenation and reflection.
You will learn to invite embodied states which give space to the inner murmurings of body and soul, that they may be felt and lived.
How: Depending on your needs, a session may be focused towards:
- Somatic movement which involves a creative approach, drawing upon the principles of Authentic Movement, as well as the work of Miranda Tufnell, Andrea Olsen, Emily Conrad and my studies in embodied anatomy.
- Gentle yoga practice, which includes attention with the breath, simple movements and mindfulness.
- Embodied Relaxation: giving space for rest, replenishment, nurture and inner inquiry.
- Sessions may include a combination of all three.
My approach is rooted in a spirit of enquiry and exploration into the lived experience of the body as it emerges.
In sessions, you will explore ways to tend to the present felt sense, anchor in inner resources and connect with the body’s innate intelligence for self/co-regulation and healing.
I will support you to gently reconnect and develop a healthy relationship with your body and the environment you inhabit.
You will learn gentle, simple techniques that support integration and wellness.
I do not offer quick fixes or aim to ‘fix’ you. I do not see you as broken. I believe a far more empowering approach is to support you to inhabit your body in such a way that healing is inherent in how you choose live, and the obstacles and imperfections you meet along the way contain gold at their heart. I see my role as being your ally on the path of reclaiming your wholeness.
- P.G. Diploma in Dance and Somatic Wellbeing (with distinction).
- Authentic Movement & Therapeutic Presence levels 1 & 2.
- Qualified and experienced yoga therapist, specialising in Yoga Therapy for mental health and wellbeing, as well as for women’s health.
- I hold a trauma sensitive space and have attended CPD trainings in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Gestalt, Hakomi and Process Work.
Please visit here for further information on my trainings and CPD.
Where: Movement Therapy can be held in one of the following three spaces:
- A beautiful studio space in Harbertonford. The setting is tranquil, private and surrounded by birdsong and the sound of the babbling brook close by.
- On the Land. Between April and November sessions can take place on the land. Contact me for more details.
- Sessions in Totnes are sometimes possible. If you can, I recommend the studio in Harbertonford so nature can more deeply support your healing.
Investment: I offer a sliding scale from
£70 – £50 / hour long session. Please contact me to discuss where on this scale feels accessible to you.
Contact Hayley to book your session or arrange a free 20 minute consultation.
Healing as ‘not the seeking of relief; [as] the slow and gentle process of learning a new way of relating to that which causes us pain, fear and suffering.’